Tuesday 7 December 2010

Back to school...

I went back to school today.

It was freezing and my lessons were boring, as usual.

Leanne wasn't at school today, she texted me at lunch saying she was sick. Stomach bug, fever.

I probably gave it to her to be honest, but I don't think I'll mention that to her, no use working her up. Also she punches hard. Hard. She has been more irritable recently and anything will set her off. We were walking from the lunch hall to our house last week (we go to private school and we're split up into boys and girls houses, yes...a bit like Harry Potter.) She was...distracted and edgy. Glancing behind her and the arm that was linked with mine was holding onto me with bruising force.

Actually, I think she did bruise me.

When we got back to the house she was pale and sweaty. She got off Games (PE) and I did too...I lied, it's not that hard. I sat with her in the medical centre for two hours. She talked for five minutes, the rest of the time she was flat asleep. Near catatonic. Honestly, I couldn't wake her and I thought she might have died till I realised...she was breathing. Ha.

The only thing she talked about for those brief minutes was, if I had seen anyone following me or if I had been walking through town recently. On my own.

I told her no and she sighed and leant on the cushion on the sofa we were sitting on (In the medical centre we have two bedroom and one lounge thing, with a TV and one bathroom, the borders go there a lot to escape lessons and the houses...) The hand I was holding onto was all sweaty and a bit disgusting but I held it anyway, she was really quite ill.

Leanne stared at me with fierce determination, like she was drilling some idea into my head.

I think she thought someone was following me.

Maybe my dad, he lives in the town I go to school in. Parents divorced yadda yadda. When I was little I had dreams about my dad chasing me, not that he would ever, he's not that stupid.

...Now I think about it.

I don't she was asking me if I was being followed, I think she was telling me she was being followed.

I need to call her really, she's probably kinda scared.

I think I am well.

I should close my curtains, it lets the cold in.

Sometimes I wonder if it lets other things in as well...

-Sintel

No comments:

Post a Comment